Since 2006 the Reel Paddling Film Festival has been showcasing the very best in paddling filmmaking. The World Tour screens in more than 120 cities worldwide. The featured films inspire exploration of rivers, lakes, oceans, boundary pushing and a celebration of the paddling lifestyle.
The deadline for film submissions is November 1st, 2016. The preferred length of submissions is between two and twenty minutes. You have the chance of having the film screened at more than 100 venues across North America and a chance of taking home a portion of the $5,000 prize pool.
The categories for submission are:
• Best Sea Kayaking Film
• Best Canoeing Film
• Best Whitewater Film
• Best Kayak Fishing Film
• Best Documentary Paddling Film
• Best Adventure Travel Paddling Film
• Best Instructional Paddling Film
• Best Short Paddling Film
• Best Environmental Paddling Film
• Best Stand-up Paddling Film
To enter online, click here.
To enter by mail, ship films and completed entry forms to:
Reel Paddling Film Festival
55 Red Pine Drive
Palmer Rapids, Ontario, Canada
t: 613.706.0677 // f: 613.706.1070
PALMER RAPIDS, ON, FEB 1, 2016 – The 11th annual Reel Paddling Film Festival premiered last week in Toronto, Ontario at the Royal Cinema. Toronto paddling shop, The Complete Paddler, hosted the premiere audience of 320 raising a whopping $3,062 they donated to Project Canoe, a non-profit organization leading wilderness canoe trips for inner city youth.
Rapid Media founder and publisher Scott MacGregor emceed the red canvas carpet event screening a selection of this year’s award-winning and shortlisted films. “I was sure this year’s films are our best ever, but the proof for me is always watching faces as the audience exits the first big screening,” says MacGregor. “You won’t be disappointed.”
This year’s winners are:
- Big Fish Stories: Expedition Hauka – KAYAK FISHING category sponsored by Old Town Predator. Producer: Oskar Stenberg, Director: Erik Lundin Marcus Wickelgren.
- Expedition Q – ADVENTURE TRAVEL category sponsored by Adventure Kayak Magazine. Producer: NRS, Director: Skip Armstrong
- Go Big or Go Home – WHITWATER category sponsored by the Ottawa Valley and the Ottawa River Race and Festival. Producer and Director: Olaf Obsommer
- Kayaking the Aleutians – SEA KAYAKING category sponsored by Kokatat. Producer: Cackle TV, Director: Cackle TV.
- Living the Stoke 2 – STANDUP PADDLEBOARDING film, category sponsored by ACA. Producer: Jeff Pikington, Director: Rob Pirie.
- Martin's Boat – ENVIRONMENTAL category sponsored by Rapid Magazine. Producer and Director: Peter McBride.
- Nature Rx – SHORT PADDLING category sponsored by Canoeroots Magazine. Producer and Director: Justin Bogardus and Liz Victorine.
- Paddle for the North – CANOEING category sponsored by Silverbirch Canoes. Producer: Alex Behse, Director: Simon Lucas.
- Stories of Survival – INSTRUCTIONAL sponsored by Thompson Rivers University. Producer and Director: ACA.
- The Important Places – DOCUMENTARY category sponsored by The Canadian Canoe Museum. Producer and Director: Gnarly Bay and Forest Woodward.
To bring the World Tour to your paddling town, shop, club, theatre or event, contact Ray Bretzlof (613) 706-0677 x118, email@example.com