DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
The deadline for film entries for the 2018 Reel Paddling Film Festival is November 1, 2017. If you know your film may not be ready by this date, please contact the Films Coordinator now.
FILM SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
To submit your film to the Reel Paddling Film Festival, all entrants will have to complete the online submission form below, pay the applicable submissions fee and include a downloadable link to your film on the application. Please review the Rules and Regulations carefully prior to completing the online entry form.
- International exposure of winning and shortlisted films and filmmakers
- $5000 in cash prizes for category winners ($500/category)
- $500 in cash prizes People’s Choice Award winner
- Retail sales/digital download sales opportunities
- Sending an entry to the Reel Paddling Film Festival and World Tour implies acceptance of the Rules and Regulations.
- Entries can be of any duration. Shorter films are preferred (2 to 20 minutes). Films longer than 20 minutes should be accompanied by a shorter World Tour version.
- Entrants grant the Festival organizers the right to make Festival versions of films that are shorter than 20 minutes.
- Films can be narrative, story, animated, or experimental and can be entered by professional or amateur filmmakers.
- Foreign language films must be accompanied by an English translation or have English subtitles.
- Screening fees will not be paid for film screenings during the Festival or World Tour.
- All music rights must be cleared before films are submitted. Consent of performers and/or persons appearing in the film must be obtained before films are submitted.
- Films may have been previously entered in other film festivals.
- Entrants grant the Festival organizers permission to use excerpts, not exceeding three minutes, for promotional purposes in various media, trade shows, and retail stores.
- Entrants are required to supply promotional materials, such as still images, for the purpose of promoting the films and Tour.
- Entrants grant the Festival organizers the right to copy the entry in part or in its entirety in any media format to facilitate the operation or promotion of the Festival and/or World Tour.
- The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all matters not covered by these Rules and Regulations, and questions arising from them, will be decided at the sole discretion of the Festival organizers.
- All entries will be viewed prior to the Festival and Tour by a pre-selection committee.
- Winners will be notified after the premiere.
- Prizes will be awarded for the best film entry in each category.
- Winners and shortlisted films may be the only films screened at the Festival and World Tour.
- Best Sea Kayaking Film
- Best Canoeing Film
- Best Whitewater Film
- Best Kayak Fishing Film
- Best Documentary Paddling Film
- Best Adventure Travel Paddling Film
- Best Instructional Paddling Film
- Best Short Paddling Film
- Best Environmental Paddling Film
- Best Stand-up Paddling Film
$25.00, payable in Canadian or U.S. funds via credit card, cheque or money order, payable to Rapid Media.
Ways to provide films:
- Download: You can provide a link to download the film or it can be uploaded to dropbox or our FTP site. (Provided in QuickTime format that is Animation, or Uncompressed 4:2:2 codec encoded. Call for FTP information.)
- On DVD in NTSC format (so long as they are non-professionally authored and not copy protected. Can be 16:9.) You must provide two additional DVDs in NTSC format for viewing purposes.
- All entry packages must be shipped prepaid via courier or priority mail. Films will not be returned. Ship films and completed entry forms to: Films Coordinator, Reel Paddling Film Festival, 55 Red Pine Drive, Palmer Rapids, Ontario, Canada
All entries will be retained by the Festival.